Von Deylen Plumbing & Heating, Inc. can answer all your HVAC-related questions. Before you get on the phone, browse these FAQ to see if we have already responded to your question online. If you don’t see your question on the list or want more information on a subject, give us a call! Our experts can offer you the information you’re looking for in a jiffy.
Another perk of modern furnaces is their ability to integrate with other HVAC products as part of a high-efficiency whole home comfort system. When combined with a high-efficiency air conditioner, furnace blowers can more easily accommodate add-on cooling. Other innovations, such as Precise Comfort technology and variable speed motors, will help your furnace operate more efficiently and quieter than ever.
- Making certain that your system receives routine maintenance by a trained expert can keep your system operating at its top performance.
- Zoning systems enable you to heat or cool only targeted areas of your home, so you won't have to pay to heat or cool spaces that aren't used.
- Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature in your home around your schedule. They can be programmed to give you the comfort you desire when you're home and increase or decrease the temperature while you're not around, helping you save on heating and cooling costs.
- Poor indoor air quality leaves your home with lots of air pollutants floating around. So, to improve IAQ, the first step is to get rid of as many pollutants as possible. You can easily do this by cleaning and vacuuming at least one time during the week, frequently washing linens, and storing cleaning products safely.
- Proper insulation is good for keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also makes it difficult for airborne pollutants to escape. We offer products that help swap stale air for fresh, filtered outside air.
- Good ventilation and routine cleaning are a start, but air filters, germicidal lights, and purification systems take your IAQ to the next level by capturing microscopic particles, killing germs, and getting rid of particles while destroying chemical vapors.
- Programmable thermostats will help control the humidity levels and temperature to help stop particles and germs from building up while also keeping your home comfortable.
- All outdoor cooling systems have a matching indoor unit that they are designed to work with to ensure efficient performance. When they aren't paired with the other part as a complete system, efficiency can suffer.
- As with a lot of products, advancements have brought about newer, more efficient ways of doing things. Heating and cooling systems are no different. These improvements most importantly include greater heating and cooling efficiency, but also include improved air handling, filtering, and noise pollution reduction to name a few.
- Heating and cooling systems that are more than 10-15 years old typically need to be replaced. Not only do they consist of outdated technology, but they are also less efficient than today's models. Getting a new indoor unit at the same time means you'll have a matched system to provide you with even more comfort and efficiency for years to come.
- Is your system consistently maintained? Whether it's a furnace or air conditioner, HVAC systems will operate more efficiently after regular maintenance checks.
- Would you benefit from a zoning system? If there are spaces in your home that are rarely used, a zoning system will allow you to heat or cool only the most used areas of your house.
- Does your home have a programmable or smart thermostat? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats may decrease your heating costs by up to 35 percent, and your cooling costs by up to 25 percent.